Friday, December 12, 2008

What a difference a year makes!!!

Here is a picture from our visit to Santa just last year...


Here is our picture this year...

I had been talking to Caroline all week about going to see Santa. And all week she was willing to sit in his lap and get her picture taken. The minute she saw him she said "NO." When we walked around to him she put her arms out for me to pick her up. We walked up to Santa and Kayla got on one knee. I put Caroline down. I was expecting the death grip that she had on Uncle Steve last year, but she let me put her down. She never cried. She actually almost smiled for the picture. She would not, however, take her hand out of her mouth. I have noticed that is what she does when she is nervous or uncomfortable. She sat on his knee the entire time we were there. He asked her if she wanted a babydoll and she said "yes". Later he asked her what else he could bring her. Her reply..."Elfy."
Kayla came prepared. Here is a picture of her and Santa studying the American Girl catalog. She showed him exactly which one she wanted, what her name is, and what outfit she should be wearing. Kayla and Santa are checking out the dolls while Caroline is checking out the big guy with the white beard.

My dad went with us to take video of the girls with Santa. I failed to mention I was bribing Caroline with a treat. Kayla told me that she was good, so her treat should be TCBY. You don't have to ask my dad twice for that. Off they go...

5 comments:

Anna and the boys said...

What a precious photo this year! I wonder what will happen on the 23rd...

Jenny said...

I love this post! I love Caroline asking for Elfy! And I love Kayla being all prepared with a catalog. That girl wants to make sure she gets the right doll. I sure hope Santa can bring her EXACTLY what she wants since she was so specific.

darlene said...

Love the post and can't wait to see you all in a week.

If Santa doesn't have the right plans, then Nanny needs to get busy. :-)

sunni said...

How cute:) The catalog is so funny!

Aunt Kathryn said...

Too funny! Cant wait to see how she responds to Santa in Bosqueville.