Friday, August 20, 2010

The Spoon

This one little spoon has been on my mind all morning. I know it sounds crazy, but I have not been able to get it off of my mind. This is my baby girl's second day of school. This is her first day to take her lunch. She told me exactly what she wanted to take: a sandwich, yogurt, applesauce, and milk. This is the spoon that was to go in her lunchbox. It can be really helpful when trying to eat things like yogurt and applesauce. I found it on the counter after I walked Caroline to school this morning. I have gone back and forth in my mind all day about what to do about the spoon. Should I take it to her? But do I really want to be THAT mom? The one always showing up and disrupting things. Will they notice she needs a spoon? Will she ask for a spoon? It is not like she is going to starve without the spoon. My mom thinks that when they see her drinking her applesauce they will bring her a spoon.

I do realize I am acting like a crazy person. Worrying and over-analyzing something so little and insignificant as a spoon. Despite really wanting to run up there and take care of her, I am staying at home. She is a big girl and will be just fine. Now, I think I need to go and put that spoon away.

4 comments:

darlene said...

What a sweet story --- and you can get the "end of the story" this afternoon. I'm sure Caroline is fine and Mom is doing great!

Jenny said...

To take the spoon or not take the spoon... that is the question.

I probably would have done the same as you. I'm sure she'll tell you when you get home that you forgot her spoon and then remind you of that moment for a long time. ;-)

Brandy@YDK said...

i totally get it - I would've worried over the spoon obsessively too. but i think you made the right decision

Sheila said...

I would've worried about it JUST LIKE YOU! It's called being a good mom!