Friday, October 8, 2010

Our Week...

Caroline had her first field trip on Wednesday.  They took a trip to a local farm.  Caroline was really excited.  She was even willing to wear jeans, tennis shoes, and a bright orange shirt that was way too big for her.  I think she had a good time.  She has not said much about it, but I do know that she enjoyed the bus ride, there was a cow, and she did not step in poop.  That is all I know.

As for Kayla, it is fundraiser time once again.  Thanks to those who bought candles a few months ago.  Now we have salsa.  It is from a company out of Ardmore.  They put the Ovations label on their salsa.  Here is what it looks like.
She is selling it for $5 a jar.  All of the profit goes directly towards Kayla's competition expenses.  We only have 16 jars to sell.  I am not a huge fan of asking people to buy things so we only ordered 18 jars.  Lots of people ordered over 120 jars!  Let me know if you are interested.  If you are not into salsa I am sure she will be selling something else later!

I also started substituting this week.  I did a 1/2 day in a first grade class on Wednesday.  Today I did a full day in a pre-k class.  I really enjoyed it, and I think this could work really well for me.  It will be nice having something to do every once in a while to earn a little extra money.   I just can't get over how tired I am!

3 comments:

Sheila said...

How fun substituting! That sounds like a PERFECT fit for you! And pre-k! Wow.....I bet that was fun...

Jenny said...

Yeah for Caroline. I don't even recognize her in blue jeans!! Put us down for 2 jars of Salsa. I love homemade salsa! Congrats on subbing. Hope you're liking it!

darlene said...

Way to go, Caroline. Very cute.

Papa and Nanny want some salsa also so save some for us.

Subbing sounds perfect. Work when it fits the schedule.