Sunday, January 16, 2011

Week Two

Andy and I had a great weekend.  Maybe I should change that to I had a great weekend.  We went to see 'Burn the Floor' yesterday.  It is one of the Broadway shows that are a part of our season tickets.  I love going to the shows, and this was no exception.  It was 2 hours of solid dancing - Latin and Ballroom.  It was wonderful.  I asked Andy during intermission if he was enjoying the show.  His response "Well, it's better than a kick in the head."  I should have taken Kayla with me.  She would have liked it.  He did tell me later that a lot of things are better than a kick in the head.  I think he enjoyed it, but he has not said as much.  We managed to go to dinner and a movie that same night.  We saw True Grit.  That was a great movie.  Caroline was at grandma's house, and Kayla was at a slumber party.  Here is a pic of all of the girls at the party.


She had a great time.  They stayed up until nearly 3 in the morning!  It was a fun day for everyone.

Kayla had a dance contest on Saturday morning before the sleepover.  It was more of a fundraiser than a contest.  It is for the American Cancer Society.  We paid $15 for her to attend and she got a t-shirt.  She did her hip-hop routine - which is a group number.  All I will say is that they need a lot more practice!  They have judges that critique them, but they do not give out awards.  Instead all of the proceeds go to cancer research.  It was kind of nice not being nervous or feeling any stress at a dance contest.

I hope everyone has a great week.  The kids are out of school tomorrow for MLK day, so I need to figure out something fun for us to do.  Until next week...

4 comments:

darlene said...

Sounds like everyone had a fun weekend. Glad you and Andy had a date night - dance and True Grit sounds like a combination for everyone. :-)

Jenny said...

I'm laughing so hard! I can totally see him saying that. We have a dance show in our season tickets. I think I'll take a friend!

Leah said...

I love that you're still keeping up with the once a week blog - good for you! And I'm sure it was nice to be out w/just you and Andy, but taking Kayla might have been more fun.

Brandy@YDK said...

Chris and I saw true grit this weekend too.

and I bet you are glad you weren't hosting that slumber party.