Thursday, July 10, 2008


We had a wonderful vacation. It was a whirlwind tour of Texas. Here are the girls on the airplane on the way to Dallas. They look like they were perfect little angels - so we will just leave it at that!

We arrived in Dallas on Saturday and went to Carter's 4th birthday party. It was a fun gymnastics party. The kids all had a great time. I never thought I would see Steve do a headstand on a balance beam, but he did. Well, almost. After the party, the grandparents took the 4 grandkids to Waco. We hung out at Jenny's house for a bit, and then we headed to Waco for the ice cream social. There is always lots of homemade ice cream, lots of people, and mamaw's hot fudge. Delicious!!!

The next day we headed to Spicewood, Texas to the lakehouse. Steve's parents were nice enough to let all of us come and stay at their house. I think it was more of a resort. It was wonderful!

Everyone had a great time playing in the pool. I think Kayla would have stayed in the water all day if we let her. The kids were all so well behaved the entire trip.

Here is cousin Mark on the trapeze. All of the kids love playing with him.

Jenny and I headed off to the outlet mall on Monday. She is the best at finding bargains. I love my new Coach purse and wallet. I sure bought a lot of stuff considering I was just going along for the ride!

Tuesday we all went to Sea World. We really lucked out with the weather. It was overcast most of the day. By the time we left it was HOT. We had a fun day of shows, roller coasters, and dolphin feeding. I think everyone had a great day. After Sea World we went to pick up our rental car. Just getting to the rental place was an adventure itself. I won't get into that!

Here are the kids after a day at Sea World...

The next day brought lots of fun for everyone. There was swimming...


rides on the 4 wheeler...

Aunt Jenny and Grammy got the slip-and-slide ready...

then everyone loaded up to go and watch the men play some golf...

That afternoon it was time for the kids to go out on the jet skis. They had a blast. They stayed out around 45 minutes. The kids were controlling the speed and doing most of the steering. Caleb got up to 41 mph and Kayla got up to 52 mph. They shocked all of us!

Papa swam with Caroline while Carter was jumping off of the dock.

That evening, we got to go and eat dinner without our children. It was the perfect ending to a fun day!

On Thursday we drove to Houston to visit my sister and her family. I did not take many pictures while we were there. The kids had a great time playing together. We spent a lot of time at the pool. Kayla was doing front flips off of the diving board by the time we left.

This is Taylor's friend, Caroline, and Taylor. Caroline did their makeup.

Here is Shelby at swim team practice.

This is Tyler at swim team practice.

Shelby and Kayla are showing off their bows from (How is that for a plug Robyn?)

Here are 2 very tires little girls on the airplane ride home on Sunday. I don't know why we did not think to pull out the dvd player on the flight to Dallas, or even earlier on this flight. It made a world of difference!

We all had a wonderful trip. We got to play, swim, relax, and see alot while we were gone. I do think our trip was one day too long. It was really hard on the kids being gone that long, but they were great.

Yea-I finally posted vacation pics!!!


Amy and Steve said...

Loved seeing the pictures-it looked like a lot of fun. I'm so glad you guys got to come visit us even though it was short and the girls were tired. Maybe next summer Kayla can learn a new trick off the diving board!

darlene said...

It was so much fun and I hope we can do it again next year.